open-discussion > RE: Problem with SPHARM_Tutorial_Data_July2015
Jun 8, 2016  09:06 AM | shahrokh nasseri
RE: Problem with SPHARM_Tutorial_Data_July2015

Dear Beatriz

Thank you so much for all of your help and guidance what you have done so far. Fortunately, at now I can do all the steps in spharm. I have some
questions
about of analysis and statistical interpretation that I hope you will help me. In other words, I hope you tell me how to analyze and interpret the results of statistical analysis in spharm?

First question:

Is the significance relationship between signed distance map and p-value map (e.g., mancovaRawP)?

I expected that there would be a direct relationship between signed distance and p-value color-coded maps. In other words, is it expected that p-values in the specific region, relation with other regions, reduces as signed magnitudes of the distance in this specific region (between mean surface of normal group and mean surface of OA group) is larger than other regions?
OR

I expected that if the mean condylar surface in normal group is shrinking below the mean condylar surface in OA group in the the same area
specified, there is also a decrease in the amount of p-value.
With this message, I attached a tar.gz file with the name of  PvalueMapAndDistanceMap.tar.gz included two images with the names of SignedDistanceMap_Anterior.png and PvalueMap_anterior.png.

Can you analyze these images? Also, can you make relevant these images together in terms of color?

Second question:

The outputs of shapeAnalysisMANCOVA_Wizard are meta files with the extensions as *_meanA.meta and *_meanB.meta. How can created these
surfaces? Is this mean surface can be representative of its group? 

Third question:
The contents of files as *_mancovaBonferroniP.txt or *_mancovaFDRP.txt is 1 exactly! Why? Similar as following lines:

NUMBER_OF_POINTS = 1002

DIMENSION = 1

TYPE = Scalar

What I did was wrong?

Please guide me.

Best regards,

Shahrokh

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
shahrokh nasseri Apr 4, 2016
Beatriz Paniagua Apr 10, 2016
shahrokh nasseri Apr 27, 2016