help > RE: Global signal calculation
Sep 26, 2016  07:09 PM | Pravesh Parekh - National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences
RE: Global signal calculation
Hi Sascha,

So I went back and re-calculated the global signal (in case I had overlooked something/did something incorrectly). However, the situation stands as such.

Yes, I left those usual confounding factors as such and included the brainmask.nii file as an ROI, using "Inf" as the number of dimensions (all components).

I have used the REX_Subjectxxx_*.mat file for calculating the global signal (params.ROIdata)

I am attaching a zip file containing the following:

- A MATLAB variable having the REX variable loaded ('params'), GS calculated by Conn ('conn_globalsignal_psc'), GS calculated by my function ('global_signal_psc'), and the GS (PSC) calculated using your scripts ('global_signal_sascha_psc')
- An Excel sheet having those three variables as columns which highlights the differences between them (note that the difference between conn calculated GS and the other two GS is larger than between the other two)
- A simple plot of the three global signal (you can't see the global signal calculated by my script because the other signal almost exactly matches)

Best
Pravesh

Originally posted by Sascha Froelich:
Ah yeah you're right, that line is obsolete.

Great, I'm happy it works!

How did you compute the Global Signal with conn? I suppose you kept the usual Confounds (WM/CSF/effect of rest/realignment/scrubbing) but added a brainmask.nii as a further confound? How many PCs did you use?

Best,
Sascha

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Pravesh Parekh Sep 22, 2016
Sascha Froelich Oct 5, 2016
Pravesh Parekh Oct 5, 2016
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Sep 28, 2016
Pravesh Parekh Sep 28, 2016
Pravesh Parekh Sep 28, 2016