open-discussion > cannot use the CIFTI-2 toolbox in matlab with MacOS system
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Mar 4, 2020  10:03 AM | Jiajia Zhao
cannot use the CIFTI-2 toolbox in matlab with MacOS system
I have encountered a problem when adding CIFTI-2 code into my matlab with MacOS system. when I read a .dtseries.nii data using ft_read_cifti, error appeared "Invalid MEX-file '/Users/jia/Desktop/UPAN/rscode/cifti-matlab-master/private/ft_getopt.mexmaci64':
dlopen(/Users/jia/Desktop/UPAN/rscode/cifti-matlab-master/private/ft_getopt.mexmaci64, 6): Symbol not found:_mxErrMsgTxt."

my computer system is macOS Mojave Version10.14.2 and the version of matlab is matlab R2018a. I don't know how to solve this problem.
Mar 4, 2020  07:03 PM | Tim Coalson
RE: cannot use the CIFTI-2 toolbox in matlab with MacOS system
I would guess that the mex files were compiled for a version of OS X that is too old for your current system to use.  Deleting the .mexmaci64 file should allow it to function, the .mexmaci64 file is only there to increase the speed.  If I am correct, you may need to delete any other .mexmaci64 files as well.

However, note that the ft_ functions are not what the HCP recommends for loading MRI-based cifti files, see FAQ 2 here:

https://wiki.humanconnectome.org/display...

If you need access to more than just the data matrix (which is basically all ciftiopen exposes), we are working on a new toolbox, but it is still being tested.

If you are working with MEG data, you may have better luck simply installing the full FieldTrip suite, as it should be more up to date.
Mar 23, 2020  11:03 AM | Jiajia Zhao
RE: cannot use the CIFTI-2 toolbox in matlab with MacOS system
thank you, after I removed .mexmaci64 files, it works.
Looking forward your new toolbox.