BioImage Suite 2.6b2 ReleasedPosted By: Alark Joshi - Aug 28, 2008
Tool/Resource: BioImage Suite
The BioImage Suite team is pleased to announce the release of the second
beta (testing) version of BioImage Suite 2.6. This release contains
everything that will be in the official 2.6 release projected to be
released early next month. BioImage Suite v2.6 is an update of version
2.6b1 release in July 2008. The main features of this release are:
* Improvements of the DTI tools to better integrate with the viewers
* New Multi-b value tensor fitting tool (in experimental mode, enable by
setting the EnableBetaFeatures flag under Advanced/Miscellaneous to
on). Any feedback on this module will be particularly appreciated
* Explore mode in Fiber Tracking where if enabled simply pressing the mouse
button somewhere in the three orthogonal slices will quickly initiate
a new fiber tracking. This enables better exploration of the data
* Updates to our FSL interface to account for changes as part of FSL
* As an additional tool we provide a custom windows version of FSL bet that
can be used with BioImage Suite under Windows. Download from <url>
http://bioimagesuite.org/download/2.6/bi... -- to get this
unzip in c:\yale\bioimagesuite_extra\bin or somewhere else in your path.
* Small modifications to the build system for compilation under Debian 5.0.
* A small number of little fixes in various places.
We anticipate that this is will be the final beta release for this version and that
the official release of BioImage Suite 2.6 will be made early next
month. Work is also progressing on BioImage Suite 3.0 -- we anticipate a
first alpha release later in 2008.
BioImage Suite is supported in part by the National Institutes of Health
(NIH)/National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB)
under grant R01 EB006494. It is made available under the terms of the GNU
General Public License (GPL) v2.
There are two types of binary installers provided:
1. Complete: This is a complete package and includes all necessary files to run BioImage Suite (including VTK, ITK, Tcl/Tk etc.)
2. Upgrade: This assumes that BioImage Suite 2.5 is already installed on your computer and does not include any other common files
To download follow the instructions at
direct link to the beta download side is