help > running Auto_EACSF script
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jul 23, 2019  11:07 PM | Jared Nielsen - Brigham Young University
running Auto_EACSF script
Hi,

I've downloaded your software onto my Linux machine that is running red hat version 7.6. I updated the PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the directories with the software. Then, I navigated to the bin directory and attempted to run ./Auto_EACSF . I get the following message:

./Auto_EACSF: symbol lookup error: /lib64/libGL.so.1: undefined symbol: _glapi_tls_Current

Are there some dependencies that I'm missing or something else that I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jared
Jul 23, 2019  11:07 PM | Martin Styner
RE: running Auto_EACSF script
Hi Jared

This looks like an issue with the graphics drivers on your system, as something in your systems GL libs are off (these libraries are used to render graphics and are usually installed by your graphic card driver). You may need to update your graphics card drivers. Not much we can do on our end.

Best
Martin

Originally posted by Jared Nielsen:
Hi,

I've downloaded your software onto my Linux machine that is running red hat version 7.6. I updated the PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the directories with the software. Then, I navigated to the bin directory and attempted to run ./Auto_EACSF . I get the following message:

./Auto_EACSF: symbol lookup error: /lib64/libGL.so.1: undefined symbol: _glapi_tls_Current

Are there some dependencies that I'm missing or something else that I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jared
Jul 29, 2019  02:07 PM | Kimberly Carpenter
Hi Martin,
    We have replicated the same error as Jared reported below. Our team updated the graphics libraries and rebooted the machine and still get the following error:

symbol lookup error: /lib64/libGL.so.1: undefined symbol: _glapi_tls_Current

Potentially of help: we use the graphics drivers that are shipped with scientific linux, not one from nvidia. Please let us know if a fix is found.
    Best,
         Kim 

Originally posted by Martin Styner:
Hi Jared

This looks like an issue with the graphics drivers on your system, as something in your systems GL libs are off (these libraries are used to render graphics and are usually installed by your graphic card driver). You may need to update your graphics card drivers. Not much we can do on our end.

Best
Martin

Hi,

Thanks,
Jared
Jul 29, 2019  03:07 PM | Martin Styner
It's possible that this could work, but we also use updated graphics drivers on our systems (where the tool was compiled). I will work on this in the next days, maybe a compilation on an older system would help.

Best
Martin
Originally posted by Kimberly Carpenter:
Hi Martin,
    We have replicated the same error as Jared reported below. Our team updated the graphics libraries and rebooted the machine and still get the following error:

Potentially of help: we use the graphics drivers that are shipped with scientific linux, not one from nvidia. Please let us know if a fix is found.
    Best,
         Kim 

Hi Jared

Best
Martin

Hi,

Thanks,
Jared
Jul 31, 2019  03:07 PM | Martin Styner
Hi Kim and Jared

A RHL/CentOS 6 version is posted in the download section. Please try that one and see whether the issues with the GL libraries go away (I expect that the issue could be that we compiled the RHL/CentOS 7 version on a machine that had a titan-Xp nvidia graphics card whose driver offers additional functionality that other card drivers do not offer).

Best
Martin

It's possible that this could work, but we also use updated graphics drivers on our systems (where the tool was compiled). I will work on this in the next days, maybe a compilation on an older system would help.

Best
Martin
Originally posted by Kimberly Carpenter:
Hi Martin,

Best,
         Kim 

Hi Jared

Best
Martin

Hi,

Thanks,
Jared