open-discussion > SVC at group-level analysis?
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Nov 12, 2015  10:11 PM | Tiago Soares Bortolini - I'Dor Institute for Research and Education
SVC at group-level analysis?
Dear Prof. Göttlich,

First of all, thank you for the effort put into BASCO, it is a really useful toolbox!

I am running some analysis and got a couple of questions:

1. I have ran a 2nd level analysis through SPM batch using the correlations maps (Z-transformed) from seed-based FC (paired t-test comparing 2 conditions) and would like to know if it is accepted to use a SVC approach as for functional data, focusing on an a priori ROIs and its connectivity with the seed.

2. If the above approach is correct, how  does it differ from simply running a ROI based network analysis with only the seed ROI and a priori ROIs?

Thank you very much for your attention,

Tiago Bortolini

PhD student
D'Or Institute for Research and Education (IDOR)
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Nov 16, 2015  02:11 PM | Martin Göttlich
RE: SVC at group-level analysis?
Dear Tiago,
1. Yes, this is perfectly fine.
2. In the first case you perform a seed-ROI to voxel correlation analysis, i.e. you correlate the mean seed-ROI beta-series with all voxel beta-series in the target ROI. This is a good approach if the target ROI is large and not functionally homogeneous. Correlating two ROI beta-series is a valid approach if both ROIs are functionally homogeneous.
I hope my answers are helpful.
Best,
Martin
Dec 21, 2015  01:12 PM | Tiago Soares Bortolini - I'Dor Institute for Research and Education
RE: SVC at group-level analysis?
Dear Martin, sorry that it took me so long, but I just wanted to say thank you for your answers!

Best,
Tiago