sdm-help-list > including SPM Analyze files
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Oct 25, 2016  02:10 PM | Jorge Witman
including SPM Analyze files
Dear expert,

I'm trying to include SPM Analyze (hdr/img) original T-maps in my meta analysis. My questions are:
-am I correct that SDM only accepts NIFT?
-if so, do you know a way to connert img/hdr to NIFTI? I have tried fslutils but get an output NIFTI with MNI incompatible dimensions
Thanks in advance ans best,

Jurriaan
Oct 25, 2016  02:10 PM | Jo Cutler
including SPM Analyze files
Dear Jurriaan,

I used MRIcron which is free software you can easily download to convert to NIFTI. Simply open the file you have then click file and save as NIFTI. This worked for almost all of my files although a few did not work and my supervisor converted those using FSL, but I'm not sure exactly how.

Best wishes,

Jo
Oct 27, 2016  11:10 AM | Jorge Witman
RE: including SPM Analyze files
Thanks Jo, 

I have tried that but the resulting nifti image has incorrect dimensions (just as the original hdr/img file): 79 x 95 x 68 in stead of the MNI dimensions (91 x 109 x 91).

I also tried FSLutils but this also gives me a incorrect ouput image unfortunaely. 

Best, 

Jurriaan
Oct 27, 2016  12:10 PM | Jorge Witman
Dear Jo, 

I just realized this image is probably in Tal space (apparently SPM still uses Tal, I wasn't aware of that) 

Best,

Jurriaan
Oct 28, 2016  02:10 PM | Joaquim Radua
Dear all,

different images may have different dimensions, don't worry about this.

On the other hand, please note that SPM uses MNI.

Best,

Joaquim
Oct 30, 2016  01:10 PM | Jorge Witman
Thanks Joaquim. Just to be safe: if I convert the hdr/.img ANALYZE T-map from SPM to a nifti (which results in an image that has different dimensions than the MNI template, see dimension above), I can use this as input to SDM?

Thank you and best,

Jurriaan
Oct 31, 2016  01:10 PM | Joaquim Radua
Dear Jurriaan,

you can use this input. But to be safe, please check that the one or two peaks reported in the pre-processing output for this study are *approximately* at the coordinates of the corresponding peaks reported in the paper.

Best

Joaquim
Nov 3, 2016  09:11 AM | Jorge Witman
Thanks for your response. Best, Jurriaan