questions > "Invalid file handle" error message
Jul 18, 2017  10:07 AM | Adam Geiger
"Invalid file handle" error message
Hello, I'm currently trying to convert my dataset from dicom to nifti and I'm running into an issue with some of my images. 99% of my dataset converts just fine but for some of them I run into a really strange issue - the program gets as far as saying it's validating potential DICOM images, then I get an error message that says "Invalid file handle. Press OK to ignore and risk data corruption. Press Cancel to kill the program." (pressing OK or Cancel doesn't seem to make a difference). To make matters stranger, whenever this happens it also ejects the external hard drive that my data is stored on.

For some subjects this happens on their T1, for others it happens for a functional run, for others it's DTI. So there doesn't seem to be anything consistent about the images that are causing the issue. The file naming convention is the same for all runs so I'm not sure what makes these particular files cause problems.

I have had this issue with the gui and non-gui versions of dcm2nii, as well as dcm2niix. If anyone can provide any insight I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thanks!

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
"Invalid file handle" error message
Adam Geiger Jul 18, 2017
Chris Rorden Jul 19, 2017
Chris Rorden Jul 18, 2017