sdm-help-list > Metaregression images interpretation for single study - and categorical variables
May 10, 2022  10:05 AM | Molly Rowlands
Metaregression images interpretation for single study - and categorical variables
Hello, 

Q1. I'm running metaregressions within a single study (as opposed to a case control study comparing 2 groups - this is in the AES tutorial). The output images for the metaregressions are '_0' (differences between group 1 with minimum variable value and group 2); '_1' (differences between group 1 with maximum variable value and group 2), and '_1m0' (differences between group 1 with maximum variable value and group 1 with minimum variable value). How do I interpret these maps (_1,_0,_1m0) when only one group is being examined, as opposed to two?

At the moment, using just one group, I am interpreting _1m0 is the regions more active during higher value of the variable, vs lower values of the variable (within the same group) - is this correct? 

Q2. Can I run metaregressions on a categorrical variable? (I have the values in the sdm table as 1's and 0's to indicate the presence/absence of a categorical variable, and then I add that column as a regressor). Is there a better way to test the impact of categorical variables? 

Any help/input from anyone would be greatly appreciated - including references to relevant materials so that I ca read more up on this! 
Thanks. 

Best, 
Molly

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Metaregression images interpretation for single study - and categorical variables
Molly Rowlands May 10, 2022
Lydia Fortea May 19, 2022
Molly Rowlands Nov 15, 2022
Lydia Fortea Nov 24, 2022
Molly Rowlands May 19, 2022
Lydia Fortea May 24, 2022
Molly Rowlands Aug 30, 2022
Lydia Fortea Sep 8, 2022