help > Error during tiff stack loading
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jul 27, 2022  09:07 PM | sabosabo
Error during tiff stack loading
Hello,

I am trying upload different tiff stacks into current version of Vaa3D. But I am getting these errors:

1- First it says my tiff stack is not uint8, uint16 or float32 type image. But it is. I have checked it through python.

2- When clicked OK, it says, Vaa3D failed to open the image shows possible causes which does not apply for my stack (75 MB).

3- Lastly it offers trying to open the image via another pluging. When I say 'Yes', nothing happens. 

I also got these errors when I tried to previous versions of Vaa3D (at least v4.001 and v3.20). I think the problem is from my computer. Because I previously able to load and trace signals by these versions in another computer. I would be very glad if you help me about finding the cause of the problem.

Best,
Sabo
Attachment: errors.rar
Aug 8, 2022  08:08 AM | jazzbrain
RE: Error during tiff stack loading
Originally posted by sabosabo:
Hello,

I am trying upload different tiff stacks into current version of Vaa3D. But I am getting these errors:

1- First it says my tiff stack is not uint8, uint16 or float32 type image. But it is. I have checked it through python.

2- When clicked OK, it says, Vaa3D failed to open the image shows possible causes which does not apply for my stack (75 MB).

3- Lastly it offers trying to open the image via another pluging. When I say 'Yes', nothing happens. 

I also got these errors when I tried to previous versions of Vaa3D (at least v4.001 and v3.20). I think the problem is from my computer. Because I previously able to load and trace signals by these versions in another computer. I would be very glad if you help me about finding the cause of the problem.

Best,
Sabo
About the last click yes but no response, I think the possible reason is that there is no plugin with the same function in the current Vaa3D plugin.

I suggest you to try v3.458, which is relatively stable in QT4 environment. If the error still occurs in this version, I personally think it is probably not your computer's problem.
Aug 8, 2022  08:08 AM | jazzbrain
As for your comment about being able to load and trace signals by these versions in another computer, I think the possible reason is that there are some conditional compilations in the code of Vaa3D, and maybe the two computers have different environments, which cause the program to take different execution paths.
Aug 14, 2022  11:08 AM | sabosabo
Hi,

Thanks for the response. I tried with v 3.458 but it did not work. I am going to elaborate the issue:

I am using a system with
- 32 GB of RAM
- Intel i7-4790 CPU
- Nvidia RTX A4000 GPU

in non-activated Windows 10 OS.

I have downloaded Vaa3D from GitHub release page. After the extraction I have directly opened Vaa3D.

Could this error be related to not activating Windows 10 or GPU choice or else? Please let me know.

Best...