help > Vaa3d GLEW - Compile Vaa3d error if enabling USE_GLEW so as to try GL_ARB_sparse_texture feature
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Mar 31, 2021  04:03 AM | Lark lu
Vaa3d GLEW - Compile Vaa3d error if enabling USE_GLEW so as to try GL_ARB_sparse_texture feature
Can Vaa3D be compiled to enable the "USE_GLEW" ?  The purpose  we try GLEW is to support GL_ARB_sparse_texture feature which Vaa3d's default openGL API - GLee doesn't support GL_ARB_sparse_texture.

There are code in v3dr_common.h

#if defined(USE_GLEW)
   #include
//#else
// #include "GLee_r.h"
#endif

and also "glew32.lib" under folder v3d_main\common_lib\winlib64. So we assume Vaa3d should support GLEW.

However when compile Vaa3d after adding "USE_GLEW" in Visual Studio(2015) - Configuration Properties, C/C++, Preprocessor

USE_GLEW;TEEM_STATIC;WITH_NONAMESPACES;WITH_PURE_VIRTUAL;TEEMSTATIC;_CONSOLE;UNICODE;WIN32;__ALLOW_VR_FUNCS__;_VAA3D_TERAFLY_PLUGIN_MODE;USE_EXPERIMENTAL_FEATURES;WITH_QT;ENABLE_BDV_HDF5;ENABLE_IMS_HDF5;TERASTITCHER_MAJOR;TERASTITCHER_MINOR;TERASTITCHER_PATCH;TERASTITCHER2_MAJOR;TERASTITCHER2_MINOR;TERASTITCHER2_PATCH;TERACONVERTER_MAJOR;TERACONVERTER_MINOR;TERACONVERTER_PATCH;__NAWEBSERVICE__;_ALLOW_WORKMODE_MENU_;QT_THREAD_SUPPORT;QT_DLL;QT_SVG_LIB;QT_XML_LIB;QT_OPENGL_LIB;QT_GUI_LIB;QT_NETWORK_LIB;QT_CORE_LIB;QT_HAVE_MMX;QT_HAVE_3DNOW;QT_HAVE_SSE;QT_HAVE_MMXEXT;QT_HAVE_SSE2;

There are lots of compile erros as follows

CubeTestActorGL.cpp
1>e:\git\v3d_external\v3d_main\neuron_annotator\render\../../3drenderer/GLee_r.h(4781): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int (compiling source file ..\neuron_annotator\render\CubeTestActorGL.cpp)
1>e:\git\v3d_external\v3d_main\neuron_annotator\render\../../3drenderer/GLee_r.h(4781): error C2146: syntax error: missing ';' before identifier 'pglFragmentLightfvSGIX' (compiling source file ..\neuron_annotator\render\CubeTestActorGL.cpp)
1>e:\git\v3d_external\v3d_main\neuron_annotator\render\../../3drenderer/GLee_r.h(4783): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int (compiling source file ..\neuron_annotator\render\CubeTestActorGL.cpp)

moc_QPixmapToolTip.cpp
1>E:\git\v3d_external\v3d_main\common_lib\include\glew\GL\glew.h(85): fatal error C1189: #error: gl.h included before glew.h (compiling source file debug\moc_QGLRefSys.cpp)
Apr 1, 2021  06:04 AM | jazzbrain
RE: Vaa3d GLEW - Compile Vaa3d error if enabling USE_GLEW so as to try GL_ARB_sparse_texture feature
Hi, I have turned USE_GLEW on in my windows environment, but when I compile the main program I don't get the error you are talking about, I suggest you follow https://github.com/Vaa3D/Vaa3D_Wiki/wiki... to configure it. By the way,the linux version was changed to use glew last year, and the header file was changed to glee2glew.h, so the use_glew switch should have no effect.
Apr 1, 2021  06:04 AM | jazzbrain
RE: Vaa3d GLEW - Compile Vaa3d error if enabling USE_GLEW so as to try GL_ARB_sparse_texture feature
Hi, I have turned USE_GLEW on in my windows environment, but when I compile the main program I don't get the error you are talking about, I suggest you follow https://github.com/Vaa3D/Vaa3D_Wiki/wiki... to configure it. The linux version was changed to use glew last year, and the header file was changed to glee2glew.h, so the use_glew switch should have no effect.