help > more problems?
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Aug 5, 2010  08:08 PM | Hanchuan Peng
more problems?
> I've found 2 bugs:
>
> (a) when you load from the tri-view button, with a 3D view already up the landmarks show up
> in the "information of your selections" pane in the tri-view but do *not* show up in the 3D view
> nor in the object manager dialog. Everything is fine if I drag the landmark file onto the 3D view.
>

-------- This is NOT a bug. We intentionally did that so that to avoid the problem that sometimes one does not want to see all updated information immediately in the 3D viewer.

What you need to do is to click the "Surf/Object" tab in the 3d viewer and click "Sync Tri-view Objs" button.

In the new V3D plugin interface, one can also "push" the [surface] data directly through the 3d viewer and ensure the data will be displayed right away.

> (b) on mac you can no longer drag the 3D view if its window header is under the system header
> at the top of the screen.
>

------------ Someone also complained about it. I do not have a good solution, - it is a problem with Mac and QT.

> (c) this is not a but, but it seems peculiar that there are no menus in the system bar when the 3D view
> is the active window. Why?
>

------------- This is because the 3d viewer is a Widget but not a main window. The menu always associates with the main window. Of course one can design a floating toolbar with the menus, and make the toolbar always visible.

An easy get-around is to click the main window and the system bar is visible.

best,
-hanchuan