help > movie of panning and zooming
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Nov 1, 2010  03:11 AM | JC Rah
movie of panning and zooming

I appreciate your efforts for building and maintaining V3D for community.
I was wondering there is any simple way that I can make movie file with panning and zooming. I have large area, high resolution 3D images and I guess one of good ways of illustrating the images is a movie file that is zooming and panning the area in 3D.

If there is any other program that can run with V3D and record what I move, that would be great also.
Any thoughts will be much appreciated.

Thanks much in advance
JC
Nov 1, 2010  03:11 PM | Hanchuan Peng
RE: movie of panning and zooming
there are several ways to do that easily.

(1) use an external recorder program, say Krut, to record a movie while you are doing any operation in V3D.
(2) revise (indeed very easy!!) the example V3D plugin program "V3D Example Push Image and Objects" in the "Released plugin" folder when you check out the V3D source code. You can indeed control how V3D's 3D render behaves and save all image frames to files, based on which you can then make beautiful movies!

best,
-hanchuan

Originally posted by JC Rah:

I appreciate your efforts for building and maintaining V3D for community.
I was wondering there is any simple way that I can make movie file with panning and zooming. I have large area, high resolution 3D images and I guess one of good ways of illustrating the images is a movie file that is zooming and panning the area in 3D.

If there is any other program that can run with V3D and record what I move, that would be great also.
Any thoughts will be much appreciated.

Thanks much in advance
JC[/userquote]
Nov 2, 2010  09:11 PM | JC Rah
great, thank you Hanchuan I will try it.
JC
Nov 19, 2010  02:11 PM | Hanchuan Peng
JC you should have Lei's plugin for this. But anybody else is welcome to request this one from Lei.

http://penglab.janelia.org/proj/v3d

Originally posted by JC Rah:
great, thank you Hanchuan I will try it.
JC[/userquote]