help > RE: longitudinal 2 groups comparison
Nov 4, 2020  08:11 AM | Andrew Zalesky
RE: longitudinal 2 groups comparison
Hi Shania, 

The numeric format of the data (i.e. long vs short) is not related to the longitudinal nature of an analysis. There is not relation between Long format and longitudinal analyses. 

360 nodes should be feasible and not too time consuming, unless the sample size is particularly large. 

If the number of subjects with missing data is small, you may want to exclude those subjects. Otherwise, a mixed effects model can be used to account for missing data, although this is not available in the current version of NBS. 

You can run a 3x1 ANOVA and an F-test to assess for differences between the three time points. Check out the Help section for some examples. The FSL FEAT webpage provides some useful design matrix examples as well. 

Good luck!

Andrew

Originally posted by Shania Soman:
Hi Andrew,

I have a doubt regarding longitudinal analysis in NBS toolbox. The data I am working on is NICAP data, where I am looking at three time points. I have  extracted three connectivity matrix (using MMP atlas (360 regions)) for each of the wave separately and we have missing data over time. I am trying to understand the significant connections across these nodes over time. I wanted to know whether I have to convert the data into Long format to compute longitudinal analysis. I was wondering  considering repeated measures for each participant for 360 regions is time consuming.Is there  any  other way to compute this? Also, what can I do for missing data?

Thanks and Regards,
Shania

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Yawu Liu Dec 13, 2016
Andrew Zalesky Dec 13, 2016
Shania Soman Nov 4, 2020
RE: longitudinal 2 groups comparison
Andrew Zalesky Nov 4, 2020
Shania Soman Nov 22, 2020
Andrew Zalesky Nov 24, 2020
Yawu Liu Dec 14, 2016