help > negative correlation interpretation
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jan 22, 2014  11:01 AM | Lorna Garcia Penton
negative correlation interpretation
Dear Zalesky,

I'm working with tractography data and I'm using 90 grey matter regions to generate the connectivity matrices . I found a sub-network that correlated negatively with the age in a pathological group (i.e. when age increases connectivity between regions involved decreases). How can I interpret a negative correlation in the NBS context? Can I say that involved regions are a real impaired sub-network in this group?

Thanks in advance,

Lorna.
Jan 22, 2014  12:01 PM | Andrew Zalesky
RE: negative correlation interpretation
Hi Lorna,

The interpretation is very much the same as the interpretation of any negative association between two variables.

In particular, you can reject the null hypothesis of independence between age and connectivity for the connections comprising the sub-network that you have identified.

Andrew

Originally posted by Lorna Garcia Penton:
Dear Zalesky,

I'm working with tractography data and I'm using 90 grey matter regions to generate the connectivity matrices . I found a sub-network that correlated negatively with the age in a pathological group (i.e. when age increases connectivity between regions involved decreases). How can I interpret a negative correlation in the NBS context? Can I say that involved regions are a real impaired sub-network in this group?

Thanks in advance,

Lorna.
Jan 22, 2014  01:01 PM | Lorna Garcia Penton
RE: negative correlation interpretation
Thanks a lot Andrew.