help > How to make it faster?
Dec 20, 2018  11:12 PM | Haleh Karbasforoushan - Northwestern University
How to make it faster?
Dear Alfonso,

Thanks for your continuing effort in improving the Conn toolbox! It has been a pretty helpful toolbox to us!

I'm going to use the conn toolbox in functional connectivity analysis of more than 200 subjects. The data which is few terabytes is store on an external hard drive that is connected to my laptop through USB 3.0. I'm going to run the analysis on my own laptop, so I've realized that it can take a VERY long time. Perhaps more than a week... Right?

Would you please give me some tips on how I can make it faster? I can't keep the data on my laptop since it's too large.

- Should I make/save the conn mat file also on the external hard drive, or will it be faster if I make it on my laptop?

- I'm going to use the toolbox pre-processing step on structural data for segmentation and normalization, and let the toolbox transfer the GM, WM, and CSF masks to ROIs. Will it be faster if I run this preprocessing using SPM first and upload the preprocessed data to ROIs directly? Or won't it make any difference?

- Is there anything else I can do to make the analysis faster?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Haleh

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
How to make it faster?
Haleh Karbasforoushan Dec 20, 2018
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Dec 21, 2018
zj_lee Mar 15, 2023
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Mar 19, 2023
Davide Fedeli Jan 10, 2019
Pravesh Parekh Jan 10, 2019
Davide Fedeli Jan 11, 2019