help > RE: CONN: Copying CONN project with preprocessed data
May 6, 2022  02:05 AM | Reza Momenan - CNIRC, NIAAA, NIH
RE: CONN: Copying CONN project with preprocessed data
Hi Alfonso,

Thank you for your advice. The reason I wanted to have copies of setup, preprocessed, denoised and 1st level processed data is because multiple staff members are working on different projects using the same data. They just load the second level covariates and analyze them at second level. So, if I cannot copy them in separate projects, they have to take turn in using the same project. But, if full copy up to second level analyses is not possible, then I understand. Thanks.
Reza
Originally posted by Alfonso Nieto-Castanon:
Hi Reza,

In general if your aim is just to use different 2nd-level covariates and analyses on the same data, I would keep everything in a single project and simply create multiple different 2nd-level analyses there.

If you use the 'save as' option to create a new project, everything in the 'Setup' window remains the same for the new project as in the old one (including functional/anatomical files which have been already preprocessed), but everything else needs to be re-done (i.e. you would need to click 'Done' in the 'Setup' window to import that already-preprocessed data into the new CONN project, then define again denoising options and click 'Done' there to apply denoising on the CONN project data, then define again your 1st-level analyses and click 'Done' there, etc.) which seems like an unnecessary replication in your case.

Hope this helps
Alfonso
Originally posted by Reza Momenan:
Hi Alfonso,

I am using the same subjects' data for several projects. I have preprocessed and 1st level analyzed this data using CONN. When I make copies of the original project, CONN indicates that all the processing will be "forgotten", which seems to be the case.. Or at least that is my understanding. So, I have been re-preprocessing, denoising, 1st level analyze... Now I notice that even when I switch the "Primary" fMRI to be "original" (third option in the drop down menu), the image tags (please see the attached picture and file) indicate that CONN used files that were already preprocessed and preprocess them again. I am now very confused. Please:
1) see if you can tell me if that is the case and then how to fix it.
2) Of course as a result if this issue every subject might have multiple of these files. Is there a clever way of deleting these extra files?
3) Better yet, how do I copy projects including the setup, pre-processing, denoising, 1st level analysis. So, that I only use different 2nd covariates and level analysis
Thank you so much for your help.
Reza

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Reza Momenan Apr 28, 2022
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon May 4, 2022
RE: CONN: Copying CONN project with preprocessed data
Reza Momenan May 6, 2022