The Brainstem Navigator toolkit is a collection of in-vivo brainstem nuclei atlas labels, MRI templates and documentation. The atlas is in stereotactic space and includes gray matter brainstem regions involved in arousal/sleep, autonomic, motor, sensory and limbic function. The atlas labels of brainstem nuclei were created by semi-automatic and manual segmentations of multi-contrast MRI of living humans at 7 Tesla. This package has been made available to enable researchers to identify the location of brainstem nuclei in both conventional and advanced MRI (e.g. 3 Tesla, 7 Tesla).
The following terms apply to all files associated with the Brainstem Navigator unless explicitly disclaimed in individual files.
1. Permission is granted to use the Brainstem Navigator without charge for non-commercial research purposes only. You may make verbatim copies of the Brainstem Navigator for personal use, or for use within your organization, provided that you include copies of all of the original copyright notices and associated disclaimers with each copy of the atlas.
2. YOU MAY NOT DISTRIBUTE COPIES of the Brainstem Navigator atlas labels and templates, or copies of files derived from them, to others outside your organization.
3. The Brainstem Navigator is for research purposes only and has not been approved for clinical use.
4. If you publish results whose generation used this atlas, you must provide attribution to the authors of the software by referencing the appropriate papers (see Reference List in Documentation).
5. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL, THE AUTHORS, OR THE DISTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, ITS DOCUMENTATION, OR ANY DERIVATIVES THEREOF, EVEN IF THE AUTHORS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
6. THE MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL, THE AUTHORS, AND THE DISTRIBUTORS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE BRAINSTEM NAVIGATOR IS PROVIDED ON AS IS BASIS, AND THE AUTHORS AND DISTRIBUTORS HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE MAINTENANCE, SUPPORT, UPDATES, ENHANCEMENTS, OR MODIFICATIONS.