help > minor bug in denoising status message
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Feb 14, 2020  05:02 PM | James Ford - Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
minor bug in denoising status message
Hi,

Just a note that I think there is a minor bug in conn_process.m affecting a line of output text. I tried using Simult in denoising and was confused that the output listed RegBP. Where the code has

switch(CONN_x.Preproc.detrending), case 2, t16='Simultaneous regression and filtering (Simult)'; otherwise, t16='Regression followed by filtering (RegBP)'; end

it is changing this output line about RegBP vs. Simult based on Preproc.detrending; however, I think it should be using Preproc.regbp? According to the docs,

detrending : 0/1/2/3: BOLD times-series polynomial detrending order (0: no detrending; 1: linear detrending; ... 3: cubic detrending)

regbp : 1/2: order of band-pass filtering step (1 = RegBP: regression followed by band-pass; 2 = Simultsimultaneous regression&band-pass) [1]

The actual use of Simult is elsewhere so this is only a cosmetic issue as far as I can tell...

Jamie
Feb 15, 2020  12:02 AM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: minor bug in denoising status message
Hi Jamie,
Good catch, you are totally right about that. Thank you very much for the thorough report, and I will submit a patch asap
Thanks again!
Alfonso
Originally posted by James Ford:
Hi,

Just a note that I think there is a minor bug in conn_process.m affecting a line of output text. I tried using Simult in denoising and was confused that the output listed RegBP. Where the code has

switch(CONN_x.Preproc.detrending), case 2, t16='Simultaneous regression and filtering (Simult)'; otherwise, t16='Regression followed by filtering (RegBP)'; end

it is changing this output line about RegBP vs. Simult based on Preproc.detrending; however, I think it should be using Preproc.regbp? According to the docs,

detrending : 0/1/2/3: BOLD times-series polynomial detrending order (0: no detrending; 1: linear detrending; ... 3: cubic detrending)

regbp : 1/2: order of band-pass filtering step (1 = RegBP: regression followed by band-pass; 2 = Simultsimultaneous regression&band-pass) [1]

The actual use of Simult is elsewhere so this is only a cosmetic issue as far as I can tell...

Jamie