help > Merge 2 different project for RFX comparison purpose
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Mar 6, 2020  10:03 PM | joice_tham - Student
Merge 2 different project for RFX comparison purpose
I need urgent help.

I wish to merge 2 different project as i have created controls as 1 project and patients as another project. I want to do a comparison and wish to merge the file but i fail to with comment as below;

Merging projects... please wait
loading info from project E:\330 files analysis\TRGS research\Patients (Moderate TBI)\conn_project01 patients 1st visit.mat
Incompatible source names with project E:\330 files analysis\TRGS research\Patients (Moderate TBI)\conn_project01 patients 1st visit.mat
There were problems importing the new subject data. See log or Matlab command window for details
Mar 6, 2020  11:03 PM | joice_tham - Student
RE: Merge 2 different project for RFX comparison purpose
Ps: it shows the file names unmatched
Mar 7, 2020  04:03 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: Merge 2 different project for RFX comparison purpose
Hi Joice,

CONN's "merge" option is meant to combine projects which are exactly equal, except that each project includes different subsets of subjects (for example, when processing a large dataset using parallel computing resources). Merging will not proceed if it detects any differences between the projects (in your case it appears that ROIs/seeds are defined differently in the two projects). Typically if you have different subsets of subjects (e.g. controls and patients) you still would include both in the same conn project from the start, and process them jointly. This also serves to make sure that all preprocessing and analysis steps are identical across subjects (otherwise, differences in processing steps will very likely confound any other meaningful between-group differences)

Hope this helps
Alfonso

Originally posted by joice_tham:
I need urgent help.

I wish to merge 2 different project as i have created controls as 1 project and patients as another project. I want to do a comparison and wish to merge the file but i fail to with comment as below;

Merging projects... please wait
loading info from project E:\330 files analysis\TRGS research\Patients (Moderate TBI)\conn_project01 patients 1st visit.mat
Incompatible source names with project E:\330 files analysis\TRGS research\Patients (Moderate TBI)\conn_project01 patients 1st visit.mat
There were problems importing the new subject data. See log or Matlab command window for details