help > c0c0c0c0 prefix to the structural when re run?
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Nov 5, 2020  10:11 PM | Sarah Kark - UCI
c0c0c0c0 prefix to the structural when re run?
Hello,

Ive had some issues re-running my .sh scripts for conn batch processes. I end up with coc0c0T1w_restore.1.60.nii prepended to the original structural image T1w_restore.1.60.nii. 

How can I re-run a node without these issues? Where is it pulling this from when everything points to T1w_restore.1.60.nii? I try deleting the coc0c0T1w_restore.1.60.nii file that was made so it doesn't try to pull from something already in the folder but it just keeps adding c0 to the file.

Thank you!
Sarah

CONN: RUNNING SETUP.PREPROCESSING STEP
Preparing structural Segmentation (Grey/White/CSF tissue estimation). Please wait...
Performing structural Segmentation (Grey/White/CSF tissue estimation). Please wait...

SPM preprocessing job
(1).spm.spatial.preproc.channel.vols = /tmp/yassamri2/HCP_yassa_rsFMRI/HCP_download/sub001/MNINonLinear/c0c0T1w_restore.1.60.nii
Nov 6, 2020  11:11 AM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: c0c0c0c0 prefix to the structural when re run?
Hi Sarah,

I imagine adding to your scripts explicitly the definition of your structural data should help fix this, e.g.

batch.Setup.structurals={'/tmp/yassamri2/HCP_yassa_rsFMRI/HCP_download/sub001/MNINonLinear/T1w_restore.1.60.nii'};

In general, batch commands, just like the GUI, will act on your current data, and the c0c0c0* prefixes indicate that you are running segmentation sequentially many times (i.e. you are segmenting the already-segmented data). In particular the c0 prefix simply indicates that your structural data (after segmentation) is skull-stripped. 

Hope this helps
Alfonso
Originally posted by Sarah Kark:
Hello,

Ive had some issues re-running my .sh scripts for conn batch processes. I end up with coc0c0T1w_restore.1.60.nii prepended to the original structural image T1w_restore.1.60.nii. 

How can I re-run a node without these issues? Where is it pulling this from when everything points to T1w_restore.1.60.nii? I try deleting the coc0c0T1w_restore.1.60.nii file that was made so it doesn't try to pull from something already in the folder but it just keeps adding c0 to the file.

Thank you!
Sarah

Preparing structural Segmentation (Grey/White/CSF tissue estimation). Please wait...
Performing structural Segmentation (Grey/White/CSF tissue estimation). Please wait...

SPM preprocessing job
(1).spm.spatial.preproc.channel.vols = /tmp/yassamri2/HCP_yassa_rsFMRI/HCP_download/sub001/MNINonLinear/c0c0T1w_restore.1.60.nii
Nov 10, 2020  05:11 PM | Sarah Kark - UCI
Thank you Alfonso. 

I'd like to see if there's anything I can change in the nose .sh or  node .mat files that were created for each participant in parallel. Or do I need to use the script to create a new batch? 132 participants completed successfully, just 3 didn't work so I tried to re-run them and then ran into this problem. I thought the script would start back at the original submitted batch.

I have attached the script I used that made 135 .sh files (1 for each participant). If I re-run this for just the 3 that need it, I'm afraid it will make a separate project for just these 3 participants and not integrate them with the other 132 participants.

I have been searching in the node .mat files and the project file for anywhere to swap out c0T1 for just the original file.

Thanks!
Sarah
Originally posted by Alfonso Nieto-Castanon:
Hi Sarah,

I imagine adding to your scripts explicitly the definition of your structural data should help fix this, e.g.

batch.Setup.structurals={'/tmp/yassamri2/HCP_yassa_rsFMRI/HCP_download/sub001/MNINonLinear/T1w_restore.1.60.nii'};

In general, batch commands, just like the GUI, will act on your current data, and the c0c0c0* prefixes indicate that you are running segmentation sequentially many times (i.e. you are segmenting the already-segmented data). In particular the c0 prefix simply indicates that your structural data (after segmentation) is skull-stripped. 

Hope this helps
Alfonso
Hello,

Thank you!
Sarah

SPM preprocessing job
Nov 14, 2020  07:11 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
Hi Sarah,

I see what you mean now and that is a very good point, thanks for all the additional information. I believe simply deleting the .dmat file associated with those 3 participants (e.g. if node.123456 failed, delete the file CONN_*.123456.dmat) and re-running once again their .sh files will work, making sure that preprocessing re-starts from the original input files. After that finishes, re-loading your original conn project should then merge all of the (now finished) 135 participant files. 

Please let me know if that seems to fix this issue and I will see if I can create a patch to avoiding similar issues from re-occurring again

Thanks
Alfonso

Thank you Alfonso. 

I'd like to see if there's anything I can change in the nose .sh or  node .mat files that were created for each participant in parallel. Or do I need to use the script to create a new batch? 132 participants completed successfully, just 3 didn't work so I tried to re-run them and then ran into this problem. I thought the script would start back at the original submitted batch.

I have attached the script I used that made 135 .sh files (1 for each participant). If I re-run this for just the 3 that need it, I'm afraid it will make a separate project for just these 3 participants and not integrate them with the other 132 participants.

I have been searching in the node .mat files and the project file for anywhere to swap out c0T1 for just the original file.

Thanks!
Sarah
Originally posted by Alfonso Nieto-Castanon:
Hi Sarah,

Hope this helps
Alfonso
Hello,

Thank you!
Sarah

SPM preprocessing job