help > Fail to identify the atlas file as ROIs
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jun 30, 2023  11:06 AM | Chihhao Lien
Fail to identify the atlas file as ROIs

Dear experts,

I'd like to use Neuromorphometrics atlas, which is found in CAT12.
I input neuromorphometrics.nii file as ROI and click the atlas option. However, after denoising, I found that CONN toolbox identifies the atlas file as one ROI. Does anyone know how to solve the problem?

Best regards,
Chih-Hao Lien

Jul 6, 2023  11:07 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: Fail to identify the atlas file as ROIs

Hi Chih-Hao Lien

Sorry this atlas file labels are saved in a format that CONN is not able to interpret correctly. I am attaching the atlas converted to a CONN-compatible format. Unzip this file and re-import it into your CONN project, and let me know if you still run into any issues.

Hope this helps

Alfonso

Originally posted by Chihhao Lien:

Dear experts,

I input neuromorphometrics.nii file as ROI and click the atlas option. However, after denoising, I found that CONN toolbox identifies the atlas file as one ROI. Does anyone know how to solve the problem?

Best regards,
Chih-Hao Lien

Apr 21, 2024  06:04 PM | Chihhao Lien

Hi Alfonso,

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for your help, it's helpful!

The atlas file works well!

However, I recently noticed that I couldn't find the ROI of the Left Inferior Lateral Ventricle while using the file (see the attached figure, please).

Could you help me check this issue?

Best regards,

Chih-Hao Lien

Originally posted by Alfonso Nieto-Castanon:

Hi Chih-Hao Lien

Sorry this atlas file labels are saved in a format that CONN is not able to interpret correctly. I am attaching the atlas converted to a CONN-compatible format. Unzip this file and re-import it into your CONN project, and let me know if you still run into any issues.

Hope this helps

Alfonso

Dear experts,

Best regards,
Chih-Hao Lien

Attachment: Figure1.png
Apr 22, 2024  09:04 AM | Chihhao Lien

Hi Alfonso,

I checked my problem again, and I'd like to provide more details.
In names variable of resultsROI*.mat, I found only 140 ROIs, which should be 142 ROIs from the neuromorphometrics atlas while inputting the atlas file you provided in the CONN toolbox.

Two ROIs, including the Left Inferior Lateral Ventricle and Left Optic Chiasm, are not on the list now.

I also checked Setup -> ROIs -> NeuroMorphometrics Atlas

It looks like most ROIs are located in the proper locations.

I can find the Right Inferior Lateral Ventricle and Right Optic Chiasm, but not the contralateral ROIs.

I don't need these 2 ROIs, but I'm wondering if the CONN toolbox ignores tiny ROIs or ROIs outside the brain silhouette. 

Best regards,

Chih-Hao Lien

Apr 25, 2024  12:04 AM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University

Hi Chih-Hao Lien,

You are right, CONN will disregard specific ROIs if they fall entirely outside of the brain for some subject(s), so I imagine that could perhaps be causing the missing ROIs in your case?. 

Best

Alfonso

Hi Alfonso,

I checked my problem again, and I'd like to provide more details.
In names variable of resultsROI*.mat, I found only 140 ROIs, which should be 142 ROIs from the neuromorphometrics atlas while inputting the atlas file you provided in the CONN toolbox.

Two ROIs, including the Left Inferior Lateral Ventricle and Left Optic Chiasm, are not on the list now.

I also checked Setup -> ROIs -> NeuroMorphometrics Atlas

It looks like most ROIs are located in the proper locations.

I can find the Right Inferior Lateral Ventricle and Right Optic Chiasm, but not the contralateral ROIs.

I don't need these 2 ROIs, but I'm wondering if the CONN toolbox ignores tiny ROIs or ROIs outside the brain silhouette. 

Best regards,

Chih-Hao Lien