help > FC analysis of already preprocessed data
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Aug 13, 2018  11:08 AM | Maximilian Lueckel
FC analysis of already preprocessed data
Dear all,

I would like to do functional connectivity analysis using CONN toolbox. I have data that has already been preprocessed and denoised at another research site, also using CONN toolbox. That is, all I have is the preprocessed and denoised functional data (4D) and the preprocessed structural images.
What do I have to do if I want to skip the preprocessing and denoising in CONN toolbox and do only the 1st and 2nd level analyses.

Best,
Maximilian
Oct 10, 2018  10:10 PM | Maximilian Lueckel
RE: FC analysis of already preprocessed data
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
May 9, 2021  05:05 PM | Miguel Farinha - Universidade de Lisboa - Instituto Superior Técnico
Hello Maximilian,

Were you able to solve this issue? I'm having the same problema and not finding any answers! How did you work around this?

Thanks in advance,
Miguel
May 10, 2021  02:05 PM | Steven Meisler - Harvard University / MIT
Preprocessing in CONN optional. If your data are already preprocessed than you're in the clear. As long as you have information like framewise displacement and head motion parameters, you can make your own first-level covariates (e.g. scrubbing, motion). For denoising, you can just move all the nuissance regressors to the right side, turn off all filtering and other options, and "run" denoising. However, unlesss you already scrubbed your data to censor motion, you would need to denoise. Does this make sense?

Best,
Steven