help > CONN 18a. Error in importing SPM.mat
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Oct 1, 2018  12:10 PM | allayankouskaya - Liverpool Hope University
CONN 18a. Error in importing SPM.mat
Hello Alfonso,

Just to let you know that it looks like CONN cannot see the number of volumes in SPM.mat (I am using the latest version of CONN, 18a). Please, see screenshots attached (error message in CONN and SPM.nscan

Some additional info:
machine MAC
Matlab: 2018a
SPM 12
Options selected: Import-SPM.mat-run on local machine (but I am using External drive for all analyses). I did try parallel rote on MAC and getting the same error.

I would greatly appreciate your suggestions.
best regards, 
alla
Oct 1, 2018  05:10 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: CONN 18a. Error in importing SPM.mat
Hi Alla,

Sorry about that, I believe the patch and fix in this thread should fix this. Please let me know otherwise. 
Best
Alfonso
Originally posted by allayankouskaya:
Hello Alfonso,

Just to let you know that it looks like CONN cannot see the number of volumes in SPM.mat (I am using the latest version of CONN, 18a). Please, see screenshots attached (error message in CONN and SPM.nscan

Some additional info:
machine MAC
Matlab: 2018a
SPM 12
Options selected: Import-SPM.mat-run on local machine (but I am using External drive for all analyses). I did try parallel rote on MAC and getting the same error.

I would greatly appreciate your suggestions.
best regards, 
alla
Oct 1, 2018  05:10 PM | allayankouskaya - Liverpool Hope University
Thank you for your continuing support and an amazing tool that you have created.
Recent paper using CONN: Yankouskaya, A., Stolte, M., Rotshtein, P., Humphreys, G. (2017). The Orbito-Frontal
Cortex contributes capacity processing in faces. Brain and Cognition, 116, 29-29.

Thank you again
alla
Nov 28, 2018  09:11 AM | Leo Ceravolo - University of Geneva
Hello,

same problem here and cannot find any way around it. I copied the patch mentioned in another post (spm_import) and no difference so far.

I tried in vain to preprocess and analyze the data once again in SPM before feeding it to CONN and same error message as you Alla, for all subjects.
I tried with onsets in scans and seconds and the error message is the same no matter the option.

ERROR DESCRIPTION:

ERROR: Subject 1 Session 1 functional data has only 1 time-points (scans) defined
ERROR: Subject 1 Session 1 first-level covariate SPM covariates mismatched dimensions (1257 rows, while functional data has 1 scans; the number of rows of a first-level covariate should equal the number of scans for this subject/session)
ERROR: Subject 1 Session 1 condition ons_vocvebang_block1 contains onset times beyond the end of the scanning session
ERROR: Subject 1 Session 1 condition ons_vocvebhap_block1 contains onset times beyond the end of the scanning session

Is there a fix for this Alfonso?

Cheers,
Leo
Nov 29, 2018  01:11 PM | Leo Ceravolo - University of Geneva
Just to let you know: switching back to CONN 16.b (latest of 2016) solved the problem without any modification to the file or import batch.

Same problem with version 17.f however.

Therefore sticking to 16.b so far. 
cheers,
Leo
Dec 5, 2018  10:12 AM | Leo Ceravolo - University of Geneva
Follow up on this:

Imported data and performed denoizing using version 16.b
Switched back to version 18.a for analyses and results display

Seems to bypass the problem.

cheers,
Leo
Jul 24, 2019  09:07 AM | Sónia Ferreira
Hi there,

I'm having the same error message '...contains onset times beyond the end of the scanning session' when I try denoising after loading the SPM.mat files that I used previously for other SPM analysis (without any problems).

I tried version 18b and 16b but it gave the same error in both.

Someone can help me with this, please?

Thanks!

Sónia
Jul 24, 2019  09:07 AM | Sónia Ferreira
I also tried the solution reported here and it doesn't work...
Oct 10, 2019  05:10 PM | pauline2306
Hi all,

I also get the same error using conn 17.c after importing my data preprocessed in SPM:

ERROR: Subject 1 Session 1 condition 1 contains onset times beyond the end of the scanning session
ERROR: Subject 1 Session 1 condition 2 contains onset times beyond the end of the scanning session
ERROR: Subject 1 Session 1 condition 3 contains onset times beyond the end of the scanning session

Has anyone found a way to fix this?

Thank you,
Pauline