help > RE: Seed-to-voxel - determining effect sizes?
Jan 26, 2016  04:01 PM | Jon Dudley
RE: Seed-to-voxel - determining effect sizes?
Hi Jeff,

Did you only report that connectivity between a seed and some cluster(s) was different in one condition compared to another at some threshold of significance?  If so I would assume that the reviewer wants to see the beta values from the seed-to-voxel analyses.  In your second-level seed-to-voxel results window in CONN, there are two buttons on the lower right hand side:

"Display Values" will show you the effect sizes for your given contrast for each suprathreshold cluster.  See attached, in this image I have one seed that has four clusters with significant between-group differences.  The bar graph shows the between-group effect size (the fisher-transformed groupwise difference in connectivity) for each cluster and the table below gives the effect sizes/beta values as well as the T-statistic and p-values.  The line graph at the bottom shows the subject-specific effect for the selected cluster (here I have twelve subjects and you can see subjects 1, 2, 4, 11, and 12 who make up group A have lower values than the other subjects in group B.  The effect size of 0.39 in the table above is the difference in means of groups A and B).

"Import Values" will save the subject-specific effects as second-level covariates.  From there it's easy to copy and paste the values elsewhere if you want to plot them out in another another fashion like a box-whisker.

Hope this helps,
Jon

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Jeff Browndyke Jan 26, 2016
RE: Seed-to-voxel - determining effect sizes?
Jon Dudley Jan 26, 2016
Jeff Browndyke Mar 6, 2016
Jon Dudley Mar 7, 2016
Jeff Browndyke Mar 7, 2016
Jon Dudley Mar 8, 2016
Jeff Browndyke Mar 8, 2016
Jeff Browndyke Jan 26, 2016