help > RE: Design setup for multi-session experiment
Jun 21, 2017  08:06 PM | Nicole Nissim - University of Florida
RE: Design setup for multi-session experiment
Hi Alfonso,

I have moved to the second-level with this project and it is slightly modified from my previous post here. I have a question about interpreting the directionality of my ROI-to-ROI results. Here is the new design:
6 runs per subject (341 volumes each), 12 conditions, in a 2 (2-back, 0-back) by 3 (pre-, during, post-stimulation) by 2 (active stim vs sham) design (2x2x3).

To understand my labeling:
Ba = pre active
Da = during active
Pa = post active
Bs = pre sham
Ds = during sham
Ps = post sham

In the image attached, I have defined my contrast as 1 -1 1 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 (selecting 2-back_Ba, 0-back_Ba, 2-Back_Da, and 0-Back_Da in this contrast).

My question: in the attached image, seed 5 has significantly increased connectivity to targets 13, 7, and 6. With this contrast, I am interpreting this to mean: connectivity is increased during active stimulation for 2>0 relative to baseline active 2>0. Is this correct? Or does this result mean: Increased connectivity is occurring in the baseline active condition relative to during active stimulation?

If I select another contrast instead, for example: 0 0 1 -1 0 0 0 0 1 -1 0 0 , and had significant connectivity results, would this mean for 2>0 during active is increased relative to during sham?
I am unclear about the ordering of the different conditions in terms of interpreting the directionality of significant results.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Nicole

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Nicole Nissim Jan 26, 2017
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Jan 27, 2017
RE: Design setup for multi-session experiment
Nicole Nissim Jun 21, 2017
Nicole Nissim Feb 10, 2017
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Feb 11, 2017