help > RE: Importing .annot files from Freesurfer
Dec 14, 2020  02:12 AM | Mingrui Xia
RE: Importing .annot files from Freesurfer
Hi Dani, 

Thanks for your feedback. We need more time to increase the comparability with the .annot file derived from FS. 

Originally posted by Dani Rubinstein:
Hi,

I'm trying to import a .annot file (attached) which I've edited from the original file specifying the 35 regions of the D-K cortical atlas.  I edited the original .annot file in FreeSurfer so that it only has my two regions of interest, and I re-indexed them to 1 and 2 instead of the original indices of 8 and 31.

When I import this new .annot file as a mapping file, it seems to confuse BrainNet though.  When I look at the "Volume" options, it says the range is like -1 to some very large number, in this case 16727871.  I tried setting adjusting the positive and negative ranges to match the range of the volume, but then the whole brain is turned black (when I tried doing this in another subject's .annot file, which I made the same way, it rendered correctly with the right colors).

Is there a more sensible way to import a .annot file so it retains the same indices and color-mapping as in FreeSurfer?

thanks,
Dani

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Dani Rubinstein Sep 22, 2020
RE: Importing .annot files from Freesurfer
Mingrui Xia Dec 14, 2020