help > RE: beta below zero but positive on surface map
Sep 22, 2021  06:09 PM | Meishan AI
RE: beta below zero but positive on surface map
Dear Alfonso,

Yes I created it from the result explorer -> Volume display --> set show subcortical ON, show cortical OFF. I just realized that I was using the wrong file - I used the Cluster_ROI.nii rather than Cluster.nii, so that's why my color bar is from 0 to 1. However, I selected the .nii file generated from conn and display it in the Volume display instead, but there's nothing showed up.

I also looked at the cluster.nii file in FSL eyes, and it seems that the values within that cluster were positive (see attached figure). But this still does not explain why I can't see anything in CONN display.

Just to clarify more, the seed-to-voxel I performed is to see the effect of VAR on the seeded functional connectivity of my ROI. The negative beta should indicate the negative relationship between my VAR and the functional connectivity. So I think maybe the positive plot I got is actually the positive connectivity between ROI and the result cluster, rather than the relationship between seeded connectivity and VAR?

Thanks so much!
Meishan

Originally posted by Alfonso Nieto-Castanon:
Hi Meishan,

That's strange, how are you creating that display, is it from the second-level results explorer window using the 'Volume Display' button, or is it manually from the command-line?

Best
Alfonso
Originally posted by Meishan Ai:
Hi CONN users,

I wanted to display a seed-to-voxel results on a surface map. The beta is below zero. however, when I displayed it on surface, the color bar shows positive value (see attached thalamus_CL.fig). I assume that the activation on surface map should be in the same direction as the beta, or did I set up anything wrong?

The result cluster locates at Thalamus, so I only displayed the sub-cortical volume. I wonder if this could be the reason why the figure looks weird.

Thank you!
Meishan

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Meishan Ai Sep 20, 2021
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Sep 21, 2021
Meishan AI Sep 23, 2021
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Sep 28, 2021
RE: beta below zero but positive on surface map
Meishan AI Sep 22, 2021