help > RE: Original data replaced after preprocessing?
May 23, 2024  07:05 AM | Anna Kwiatkowski - University Hospital Aachen
RE: Original data replaced after preprocessing?

Hi everyone,

I have a follow-up question related to this thread.

I understand that it is possible to move an entire preprocessed dataset and start from scratch, as well as to run preprocessing only on a subset of non-preprocessed data without affecting the already processed subset.

Is it also possible to re-run preprocessing from scratch for a single subject? For my last subject, something went wrong during the preprocessing, and I would like to re-run the pipeline only for this specific subject.

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,
Anna

Originally posted by Alfonso Nieto-Castanon:

Hi Jeremy, Yes, preprocessing takes the functional data indicated in the 'primary dataset', preprocesses it, and points again the 'primary dataset' to the fully preprocessed data. If you want to redo preprocessing from scratch you should first move the data listed in the 'original data' dataset to the 'primary dataset' (you can do that selecting the 'move' option in the datasets dropdown menu), and then preprocess all subjects again If, on the other hand, you simply want to preprocess only newly-added subjects (after you have already preprocessed some other subjects' data) you can then run preprocessing normally but remember to uncheck in the preprocessing GUI the 'all subjects' field and select only the new subjects there (so that preprocessing is only run on the new subjects data, and the previous subjects data is left unchanged) Hope this helps Alfonso Originally posted by Jeremy Smith:
In the GUI, when I run Preprocessing on a set of subjects, it looks like the previously-processed data gets labeled as the "original data." This is particularly a concern when I add more subjects to the pipeline and re-run Preprocessing. For example, I'm concerned that if I apply a particular smoothing kernel and Preprocess one batch of subjects, then add more subjects and re-run Preprocessing, that the smoothing kernel is applied twice to the first batch of subjects. (If I keep the same kernel, this shouldn't be a problem, but what if I want to re-run with a 4mm or 5mm kernel?)  Can someone confirm that the original data (say, subject01_rsfmri.nii) is replaced by the processed data (say, suwususus_subject01_rsfmri.nii) after one Preprocessing run? Is there a way to avoid this?

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Jeremy Smith Oct 6, 2021
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Oct 6, 2021
RE: Original data replaced after preprocessing?
Anna Kwiatkowski May 23, 2024
Jeremy Smith Mar 10, 2023
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Mar 10, 2023
Jeremy Smith Oct 7, 2021