help > RE: including a parametric modulator
Jul 20, 2012  06:07 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: including a parametric modulator
Dear Rich

Unfortunately the toolbox does not allow you to explore task-related connectivity when the task is characterized by a continuous variable (parametric modulators). I would suggest to discretize if possible your modulator variable (convert it to a fixed set of levels) and then enter those as different conditions (conn will allow you then to explore task-related connectivity across these different 'conditions' / levels of your parametric modulator). Alternatively perhaps you might also want to consider using SPM's PPI analyses to explore this form of continuous task interactions. 

Best
Alfonso
Originally posted by Richard Morris:
Dear Conn toolbox experts,

I'm interested in task-related connectivity, and would like to test the connectivity associated with a parametric modulator in my design matrix. However, when I set up my analysis in the Conn toolbox, I see my conditions (onset regressors) but not the parametric modulator associated with each condition. Is it possible to include the parametric modulator as a condition? Does it even make sense within the context of the Conn analysis?

Ta,

Rich

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Richard Morris Jul 20, 2012
RE: including a parametric modulator
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Jul 20, 2012
Ewa Miendlarzewska Oct 12, 2015
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Oct 14, 2015
Katherine Swett Apr 6, 2020
Tina Tasia Jun 9, 2021
Shady El Damaty Nov 11, 2016