help > RE: ANCOVA - contrast / hypothesis testing
Jan 6, 2020  02:01 AM | Athina Aruldass - University of Cambridge
RE: ANCOVA - contrast / hypothesis testing
Hi again Andrew - many thanks for your clarification ! I do however have a couple of follow-up questions re Q1 and Q4.

Q1 - The reason I queried this was because NBS did not actually generate a rank deficient warning / error when I performed the analysis with design matrix (b). I have appended the full .txt for you to inspect. Should it actually be complaining ?

Q4 - I was thinking perhaps a change in results more from no significant network to potentially an emergent subnetwork after restricting number of ROIs - Is this a possibility following reduction in multiple comparisons ? Please correct me, I think I am not understanding the mechanics of NBS - but is the likelihood of finding a statistically significant cluster dependent at all on the size of input correlation matrices / number of individual edges ? Is the statistical testing not performed on the resultant component ie cluster with each permutation, circumventing the multiple comparisons issue entirely ? Or would it actually effect outcome if size of cluster is set to extent instead of intensity (what I have been using) ?

Please advise. Sorry and many thanks (also Happy New Year) - Athina.

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Athina Aruldass Dec 6, 2019
Athina Aruldass Dec 18, 2019
Andrew Zalesky Dec 19, 2019
RE: ANCOVA - contrast / hypothesis testing
Athina Aruldass Jan 6, 2020
Andrew Zalesky Jan 6, 2020
Athina Aruldass Dec 10, 2019
Andrew Zalesky Dec 13, 2019
Athina Aruldass Dec 9, 2019
Andrew Zalesky Dec 7, 2019